Goal 4: Media coverage and popular support
There have been many, varied events as we have worked towards Fairtrade Town Status.
The local press is excellent in printing details of our events, Many community events are well supported. This is a good opportunity to promote Fairtrade products and issues. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the gallery of press clippings.
Highlights of previous events
- ‘The Big Brew’ Community event
- Fairtrade Mossley Tasters stall at Mossley Farmers’ Market
- Article in Mossley Browser – an independent community magazine
- Picnic in the Park – Bank Holiday 31st May
Fairtrade goods for sale and information available
- Stall on Mossley Farmers’ Market
Highlighting variety of Fairtrade goods available and Information on local retailers
- News Article and photo in ‘in Mossley’ – Mossley Town Council newsletter
- Raffle of Fairtrade Hamper at Town Christmas Market
- Extreme Labelling at Hartshead Pike with Fairtrade Banner and Big Banana
- Mossley Farmers’ Market, Smile for your photo with the Big Fairtrade Banana
- World Record Bunting – 391 pieces from Mossley
- Visiting supporters with certificates of thanks for supporting Fairtrade
- Stalls at Picnic in the Park & It’s a Knockout
Diamond Jubilee event ‘Picnic in the Park‘
Encouraging people to buy Fairtrade Sweets and so Take a Step for Fairtrade
Fairtrade Town Celebration 25th February 2012
John Henshaw, actor and local resident, presented the Certificate of Fairtrade Town Status to the Mayor of Mossley Councillor Anthony Milne who received it on behalf of the Town.
[jaw_quote author=”John Henshaw” ]Congratulations to Mossley on achieving Fair Trade status. I would expect nothing less of the friendly warm welcoming folk of Mossley with their proud Industrial heritage and awareness of exploitation. Fair trade is a fantastic global initiative empowering the poor and disadvantaged.[/jaw_quote][jaw_clear]
2013 and beyond