Fairtrade Choco-banana smoothie
Chocolate for breakfast?! Why not! Follow this simple recipe to make a delicious smoothie with cocoa and avocado (It’s much nicer than it sounds! Trust us!)
• 2 Fairtrade bananas, peeled
• 1 avocado
• 300g frozen blueberries
• 3 tbsp cocoa powder
• pinch of sea salt
• pinch of Fairtrade cinnamon
• 500ml almond milk
• 4 tbsp coconut flakes
1. Cut the bananas and avocado into chunks.
2. Put the banana, avocado, frozen blueberries,
cocoa, sea salt and cinnamon in a blender.
3. Add the almond milk and cocoa powder,
and blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour into 4 glasses and garnish with
1 tbsp of coconut flakes per glass.
5. For best results, set in the fridge for 10 minutes,
serve, dust some extra cocoa powder over
the top using a sieve.
[jaw_panel_box panel_title=”With Thanks” message_style=”info” ]This recipe is taken from the The Big Book of Fairtrade Breakfasts published by the Fairtrade Foundation. [fairtrade.org.uk] Originally published by Fairtrade Netherlands in their cookbook Fair Food.[/jaw_panel_box][jaw_clear]